Good morning! Here’s the technology news you need to know this Monday morning.
1. Twitter found more than 50,000 Russia-linked accounts that actively shared election-related material. Trump’s Twitter account interacted with them hundreds of times.
2. Facebook is asking users to pick which news outlets are “trustworthy” — and will demote the losers in your feed. Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg said the company wasn’t “comfortable” deciding for itself whether a news outlet is reliable.
3. Google CEO Sundai Pichai said that diversity memo author James Damore wasn’t fired for political reasons. Pichai talked about the incident in a television special that will air on MSNBC later this month.
4. Snap is reportedly threatening employees who leak company information with jail time. An email sent to employees on January 8 explained the potential consequences of leaking information.
5. Apple CEO Tim Cook said in a new interview that he doesn’t want his nephew to use a social network. Cook said he doesn’t believe in the overuse of technology.
6. Amazon increased the price of its monthly Amazon Prime memberships in the US. The increase will be from $10.99 (£7.91) to $12.99 (£9.35) per month, but yearly fees remain unchanged.
7. “Minecraft” …read more
Source:: Businessinsider – Technology