Good morning! Here’s the technology news you need to know this Tuesday morning.
1. Netflix blew past subscriber growth targets in Q4, and the stock soared to record highs. Netflix gained 8.3 million subscribers globally, which made Q4 “the highest quarter in our history,” the company said.
2. Microsoft had to restrict sales in Russia because of US sanctions. The sanctions had previously affected banks, but now Microsoft is being affected.
3. Rupert Murdoch wrote in a statement that Facebook has become “inherently unreliable” and should pay publishers for posting on the site. “The time has come to consider a different route,” he wrote.
4. Bitcoin exchange Coinbase reportedly made more than $1 billion (£715 million) in revenues last year. Recode said that the company’s valuation has probably doubled since a $1.6 billion (£1.1 billion) valuation in August.
5. Facebook is planning to spend €10 million (£8.7 million) expanding its artificial intelligence centre in Paris. Over five years, Facebook plans to double the number of researchers to 60, and to increase funding of local PhD candidates to 40 candidates.
6. Intel is coming out with a new fix for Spectre and Meltdown because the original caused unexpected reboots. Intel …read more
Source:: Businessinsider – Technology