Summary List Placement
Welcome to 10 Things in Tech. If this was forwarded to you, sign up here.
Let’s get into it.
1. Jeff Bezos thanked Amazon employees and customers for footing the bill for his trip to space (which you can watch here). Plus, guests aboard the spaceflight opened up about their experience, with one saying there was “not quite enough room.” More from the passengers here.
2. #DeleteFacebook is trending — and there’s finally some bipartisan agreement. Right-wingers used the hashtag in response to Trump’s suspension; the left picked it up after Biden’s comments about vaccine misinformation. Both sides agree the industry needs more oversight.
3. Want to know what Amazon, Google, Microsoft, Facebook and other tech companies pay? Insider’s new searchable salary database gives you access to salary disclosures from more than 250 firms. Search by company or job title here.
4. Netflix shares recover as streaming giant misses earnings expectations. The company added 1.54 million subs in Q2 and also confirmed plans to pivot into gaming. More details of its Q3 plans can be found here.
5. Tesla delivered on it’s self-driving car promise, but now there’s a new price tag on it. Tesla owners can now …read more
Source:: Businessinsider – Technology
NASA Chooses Spacex To Launch A Self Propelled Space Station To The Moon